Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Dwerve?
- So it's basically a 2D Orcs Must Die?
- Who's developing Dwerve?
- What's the release date?
- What platforms will Dwerve be available on?
- How much will it cost?
- Will Dwerve have controller support?
- Will it have multiplayer?
- What languages will Dwerve be available in?
- What game engine is being used for development?
- What if my question isn't asked here?
What is Dwerve?
Dwerve is a singleplayer tower-defense dungeon crawler RPG in which the player assumes the role of a dwarven Warsmith, or war-engineer, named Dwerve. Armed with turrets and traps, our hero adventures into dungeons crawling with dwarf-thirsty fiends to hack 'em to pieces and burn 'em to ash.
Dwerve sheds a strategic light on role-playing games by introducing real-time tactical tower-defense combat to the rich storytelling, exploration, looting, upgrading, and questing of dungeon crawler RPGs.
So it's basically a 2D Orcs Must Die?
Yes, but no! Aside from having beautiful 2D pixel graphics, Dwerve removes hack 'n slash combat altogether making tactical turret and trap placement the central part of the combat system - so the turrets and traps do the hacking 'n slashing for ya! Aside from the real-time tactical combat, Dwerve plays much like many fantasy RPGs you know and love!